Chicken in Ginger Stir Fry (Gai Pad Ging – ไก่ผัดขิง)
This is a quick and easy stir fry that's a little bit spicy. This recipe is for chicken but in Thailand this dish is just as popular when done with beef or pork.
Write a review
- 1 table spoon of cooking oil
- 300g of sliced chicken breast
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed and finely chopped)
- 50g of julienne cut ginger
- 100g of sliced onion
- 50g of sliced green chilli
- 50g of sliced red chilli
- 1 sliced Asian mushroom
- 100g of spring onions (halved and then cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 table spoon of fish sauceJulienne Cut Ginger
- 2 table spoons of oyster sauce
- 1 table spoon of seasoning sauce
- 2 tea spoons of sugar
- Some stock water
- Preheat the wok and add the cooking oil.
- Stir fry the garlic until it begins to change colour.
- Add the chicken and stir fry until the pieces of chicken separate and then add the ginger and stir it altogether until the chicken is partially cooked.
- Add the oyster sauce, fish sauce, seasoning sauce and sugar.
- Mix together thoroughly and then add the Asian mushroom.
- Add a small amount of chicken stock (just enough so that the chicken doesn't dry out.)
- Bring it to the boil at which point the chicken should now be cooked.
- Add the chilli and onion and stir fry it all together before adding the spring onions at the end.
- **De-seed the chillies if you don't want it spicy or alternatively use red and green peppers instead.
Taste of Thailand https://tasteofthailand.co.uk/